Create Multi Row-Level Update Request

Options

I would like to manually send multiple row-level update requests to one person. How would I do that so they don't get multiple emails? Is there a way to group them together? Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@LCK_1200

If you don't include any placeholder text (i.e., {{ColumnName}}) to include row data in the update request email subject line or message body, Smartsheet will try to group multiple rows into a single update request. (This works for alerts as well.)

The rules are: If you do use placeholder text, Smartsheet will send I think 7 or fewer rows as separate emails/requests/alerts. Without placeholder text, Smartsheet will always group these together for the same recipient. So if you select multiple rows, and then send update request, it should go to the user as one update request with multiple pages in the online form. When they open the request form, there are page controls at the bottom, with the last page containing the 'Submit' button.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!