Monthly Reporting - Summary Info

Hi All!

I have a sheet that is updated via a form my teammates complete. I am using the Created column type to date stamp when the forms are written to my sheet. I have also created summary fields to count the number of forms by reason code selected on the form.

Example: I have a form to capture Ice Cream orders. The user selects the flavor and submits. I have summary fields totalling the orders by flavor.

I want to run a report using a filter on Created field to tell me the flavor selections for the reporting month. I created a summary report using my sheet and the flavor fields. I then put a filter on the report to select those items between 9/1/23-9/30/23. I get nothing if I put that filter on, but if I remove I get everything.

Do I need to do something in my summary formula with dates?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PattiL

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PattiL
    PattiL ✭✭✭

The first thing is when I pull in the column "Created" it is showing me a weird create date that is long before I ever created the sheet or the report. Below is a snapshot of the report:

Here is a sample of the source sheet. I have Summary Fields counting each of the "Reasons" for reschedule. Note the Created date is during the month of October. I was hoping to create a report where I update the filter to select a from and to date so I can run this report monthly.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PattiL

It's because the Summary Report only references the Sheet Summary fields and not the sheet.

You would have to either filter in the Sheet Summary fields or create a Row Report to show the metrics you need.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.