Primary column from multiple sheets

Daniel_P
Daniel_P ✭✭
edited 10/18/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

Is there a limitation on the number of primary column that can be displayed in the calendar view for a report with multiple sheets as sources?

It seems it can only show 3.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Daniel_P

In a Report, the Report brings together the Primary Column across all sheets selected. I've color-coded my rows so you can see when they come from different sheets.

As long as the title of your Date Columns is the same in your source sheets, the Primary Column data should show on the corresponding date in the Calendar View.

The different colours represent different sheets:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hey @Daniel_P

Is it possible that your Date columns across the 5 sheets have different names? The date column that you're using for the Calendar view will need to be the exact same across all sheets.

In my own testing, I could show 7 tasks in one box before needing to expand it to show more:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for your feedback.

I see in your example there are 4 sheets and the activities in the calendar are more than 4.

Is this possible, as only primary column can be shown in the calendar and only one such column exist per each sheet?

Thank you

Daniel

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Daniel_P

In a Report, the Report brings together the Primary Column across all sheets selected. I've color-coded my rows so you can see when they come from different sheets.

As long as the title of your Date Columns is the same in your source sheets, the Primary Column data should show on the corresponding date in the Calendar View.

The different colours represent different sheets:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thank you for the support. Is understood.

The issue in my case was that I was exceeding the max number of rows when combining the 5 sheets into one report.

Managed to fix this by having the data grouped by year and one report for each, as before I wanted multiple years into one report.

Kind regards,

Daniel