Automating Daily Change Detection and CSV Export in Smartsheet

Hello Smartsheet Community!

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently exploring ways to automate a specific workflow in Smartsheet and wanted to seek your expertise to understand if this is possible.

Here's what I'm aiming to achieve:

1. Automated Daily Change Detection: Is it possible to set up an automated process in Smartsheet to trigger once a day and check if any changes have been made to the sheets? Essentially, I want to monitor for any modifications to the data within the sheets.
  2. Automated CSV Export: Can I automate the process of exporting the content of a sheet as a CSV file? It would be highly convenient if I could receive a CSV file of the sheet's content via email or another method as the result of this automation.
  3. Integration of both, Ideally, I'd like to connect the first two points mentioned above. In other words, I'd like to automate the daily change detection and have it trigger the export of a CSV file if changes are detected. Is this achievable within Smartsheet?

Additionally, if any of these functionalities are not directly supported within Smartsheet, I'd like to know if there are workarounds or if leveraging the Smartsheet API might be the solution.

I greatly appreciate any insights, guidance, or tips you can provide regarding these requirements. Your expertise is invaluable, and I look forward to learning from your experiences.

Thank you in advance!

Answers