User Merge Keeps Getting Rejected

Options

We recently changed our business name and email addresses. I already went through the process of confirming both domains and merging the majority of our users. I just tried to merge a user like I have done so many before but this one is getting rejected. Both email addresses are in our account. I made sure to remove any premium apps and assigned groups , yet I am still getting a rejected status from the upload. When I preview the upload it says it is ready, but it will not work once applied. It does not tell me why either. Any other ideas to get this user merged??

Answers

• Keinwerk
    Options

Were you able to figure out your issue?

I'm trying to merge 60 accounts and 35 are being rejected with no message saying why. They validate fine and I click apply merge and then I get an email saying they were rejected.

• Julie1247
    Julie1247 ✭✭✭
    Options

No. unfortunately no comment or tip yet. Reading through the forums I tried all the tricks mentioned but still getting the issue with no rejected or error messages to guide me.

• EbonyL
    EbonyL ✭✭
    Options

Following along - Same issue on my end. Reaching out to my CSM to verify if there is a issue. I don't show anything on the Smartsheet status page

• EbonyL
    EbonyL ✭✭
    Options

I was able to merge the one user I had today.

• Julie1247
    Julie1247 ✭✭✭
    Options

@EbonyL what was your issue and resolution? Maybe it could help me or @Keinwerk

• Keinwerk
    Options

I ran the exact same merge file today and 32 out of 33 succeeded. I've changed nothing and it just started working.

I opened a support case on the 23rd and they didn't even assign a support rep to it yet so I don't think Smartsheet did anything to help.

• Keinwerk
    Options

Well that didn't go as well as it seemed like it did. Instead of merging some of the users, it deleted the accounts I had imported out of the user list and didn't merge them. Now I'm down to 8 with issues. It seems this is just a very flaky process.

• Tyler Solberg
    Options

Came across this today and finally found that the account I was trying to merge from had an alternate email address listed for the account I was trying to merge to. Once I removed the alternate email the merge completed successfully. Not sure if this relates to other situations. It's unfortunate that it doesn't say why it failed!