Ideas to prevent multiple form responses?

Options

I'm using a form to collect responses from a pool of people. Right now, they select which household or entity they are representing from a dropdown and then provide their responses. Unfortunately, I'm getting multiple responses from spouses or partners and they don't always agree. Is there a way to prevent submitting additional responses if one has already been received?

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Cup

If you know exactly who you want to fill out the Form, what about using an Update Request instead?

You would need to pre-set the sheet with the Contacts listed down a Contact Column (selecting multiple contacts when it's the same household). Then you could send Update Requests to those contacts - meaning that if one person opens the Update Request and fills it up, then the next person who opens the request will see what they filled in. They could still change it, but you'd provide that extra visibility into what was submitted already on their behalf.

Here's more information: Manually send an update request

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Cup
    Cup ✭✭
    Options

This seems like a pretty good solution, but I really don't want to open the sheet up to those I'm sending the form to due to the nature of its contents. Additionally, the form brings a degree of formality and professionalism we're trying to project. Could the form somehow be tied in with the Update Request? Send the contacts in the column a message with their response populated, if it's already filled?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Cup

First to clarify, Update Requests can be sent to users who are not shared to the sheet at all. They will only see the cells that are in the row sent to them, and you can select what columns to include as well.

Secondly to answer your question, yes! As long as the contact column is populated with the correct recipients, you can set up an Alert to go to those emails when the row is filled in (again being selective of what columns are sent in an email - see: Customize the content of your alerts and requests).

Cheers,

Genevieve