What does it look like to operate at your peak? 💭 Join the conversation

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 02/20/24 in Show & Tell

Hello Community Members,

When I browse our Show and Tell category or exploring answers shared on our Question of the Month, I'm instantly in awe of all the incredible work our members do at work, for their communities and families.

I want to know what is it that recharges you and gets you in the mental and physical state to do your best.

What does it look like to operate at your peak?

Share what it means to operate at your peak in the comments below. 🔽

Here's what a few Smartsheet teammates had to say:

"I have four children, so recharging outside of work looks a lot like sleeping. But also spending time with my family. I come from a big family. We like to do big holidays, big family vacations, and those always recharge me."

Miya McClain, VP of Product Management, Smartsheet

"I definitely work at my peak when I’m feeling good physically. For me, that means getting the work out in the morning — making sure I get enough sleep and I eat well. There’s a really big connection with feeling physically good and being at my peak at work."

Andrew Bennett, CMO, Smartsheet

At Smartsheet, we believe that our greatest power is unlocking the power of others. When our work is fulfilling, we can bring our best selves to work.

Live in the Seattle or Chicago area? You may have seen one of our Operate at Peak Human ads. Get more info on where you can spot them.

Tags:

Comments

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm at peak when I can resolve inner conflict so it's not slowing me down. That may mean picking up the house, meditating, or jumping in Lake Washington; whenever I can clear my mind and just be present in whatever I'm doing. At work, when I'm in that place, I can sit back and absorb complication and see through to understanding. When I'm at home, I can play with my kids and give them what they need.

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When thinking of what it looks like when operating at my peak level, I think ''3D spectrum perspective''.

I work in a very busy environment, the professionals I work with require different level of support, this require a high level of organisation, and focus. When I am at my peak, all my senses are heightened, the excitement and the motivation to get a project on the go, means that, at a point of time I will need my batteries recharged.

So, I have one set routine that I follow to the letter.

• Mornings always start with a 6.00am Power Walk with my dog, come rain or shine we are out there - we live in such a beautiful part of the UK, this is my daily Mindfulness practice, my time to be in tune with nature.
    • At home, my work phone must stay in the office, this allows me to be fully enjoy my time with my husband, my son and my dog.
    • No electronic devices in the bedroom! I find this help with promoting a healthy sleeping pattern.
    • I always take a 2 weeks summer holidays, it has to be 2 weeks to be able to switch off from work, it is normally a very active holiday.

S.

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Danielle Arteaga
    Danielle Arteaga ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm at my peak when I'm excitedly engaged both at home and at work. At work, peak performance comes when I am collaborating with a group of highly intelligent and motivated team members who are willing to explore, take chances, and embrace change. At home, peak performance comes when I'm taking care of myself - usually in a half-marathon training cycle - so that I'm eating well, sleeping well, sweating it all out. When the spaces in between are filled with family, friends, good food, strong coffee, and creative pursuits, it's blissful.

And, FWIW, Smartsheet has changed my running life for the better, because it's allowed me to track my training in a way that is uniquely customized to me and not really achievable in a standard fitness app. ♥️🏃🏻‍♀️👟🥇

• ljkeefe1
    ljkeefe1 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love learning new things and collaborating with others who share a common goal and who are not afraid to fail. I operate at peak human when I can be creative and technical. 😀 A tall cup of coffee doesn't hurt either. 😉

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I am at my peak, I am sharp, influential, and collaborative. I've learned throughout the years that without taking regular time away from work (I used to be a workaholic) that my cognitive ability, decision making, and engagements with others - suffered. I learned that by taking time off periodically I would benefiting myself, my team, and my organization; as when I'm rested and refreshed I am empowered to empower others.

Just as everything in nature has a hibernation/recuperation/recovery season, so should we all. Let's give each other grace and allow for breaks of respite when needed; so we can all be our most authentic and best selves!

• AntonioC
    AntonioC ✭✭✭
    Options

@Loann McGee I was going to start my comment with the same statement that my peak is when I help others. It's a cycle, I must be in good physical and mental state to be able to help others. It doesn't take a lot:

1. Sleep well and enough (everyone needs different amount of hours)
    2. Wake up early and get immediate natural light and a glass of water
    3. Working out as soon as I wake up
    4. Cold shower
    5. Eating healthy, least-processed to no processed food .. no soda, reduce amount and frequency of meat
    6. Spend time on things I enjoy doing at least once a day

There are more things, but I would say that those are my top 6 :)

• Aldrin Sarsaba
    Aldrin Sarsaba ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What does it look like to operate at your peak?

For me, it means performing at the highest level of productivity and efficiency focusing on your tasks and completing them at a given time or space, and staying motivated to achieve our goals. It is important to stay Healthy, clear our minds, and manage ourselves and our stress by doing regular exercise, eating healthy, and getting enough sleep.

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’m with Andrew on this one — being at my peak means taking care of my basic needs. Taking my daily medications, routinely getting 8 hours of sleep, drinking water, moving my body, eating meals (especially critical for those of us who find ourselves skipping breakfast & working through lunch…). Even when one of these falls off my radar, I can feel the difference. Being at “peak” performance means, above all else, taking care of our bodies, minds, and hearts so we feel content and at peace! 🩵

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!