Color Coding a Calendar View of a Report of Combined Sheets

I am trying to color code a calendar view. I have a report pulled from 10 different sheets. Those individual sheets have the color coding I need for their calendar views. Can those color codings translate to the combined report's calendar view and if so, how?

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @JennC,

Calendar and Gantt colors are based on the task bar format selected. When you are creating conditional formatting with colors, make sure the task bar color in the formatting rules represents the color you would like to see on the calendar.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• JennC
    JennC ✭✭

This works on the individual sheet's calendar but isn't working on the combined report calendar view.

• Hey @JennC

Can you post screen captures of what you're seeing in the report? @Monique_Odom_Comcast is correct - as long as you set the Task Bar in the underlying sheets to have different colours, this should also appear in the Report.

For example, here is one of my underlying sheet Formatting rules with a Purple Task Bar:

And here you can see that it shows up in the Report, along with a different sheet's formatting rules:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• JennC
    JennC ✭✭

Yes, I have 2 of the individuals sheets that are color coded. But in a combined report, they do not show the color coding.

• JennC
    JennC ✭✭

Never mind. I figured it out, I think. Because I was just testing color coding from 3 different sheets it didn't work. But then when I went to add the color coding to every sheet, now the combined report works. Thank you.