Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Holidays error

IFCC
IFCC
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

When I enter my workday formula  =workday(receive5,-days5) it works fine. However when adding holidays, =workday(receive5,-days5,[holidays]) then it does not work.

Do I have to enter the holidays manually?

Does it not link to my holidays list I created?

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Mike

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

The [Holidays] is either a reference to a cell or range of cells or a DATE value.

For example, 10 working days before today (2017-07-10) would be June 30th without holidays.

If today's date was in Receive23 and 10 was in Days23:

=WORKDAY(Receive23, -Days23)

To account for two holidays on July 3rd and 4th, the result would be June 28th.

You can either give it date values like so:

=WORKDAY(Receive23, -Days23, DATE(2017, 7, 3), DATE(2017, 7, 4))

or point to a cell or group of cells in a Date column like so:

=WORKDAY(Receive23, -Days23, Holidays1:Holidays2)

or this would be OK too if you have 20 holidays entered

=WORKDAY(Receive23, -Days23, Holidays1:Holidays20)

If you have Dependencies enabled and you've added the holidays in the Project Settings, you can skip this and WORKDAY will find them there.

This feature is (I believe) intended to further refine the time-off days from what is used in the rest of the sheet.

I hope this helps.

Craig

• thanks,

I have Dependencies enabled and added holidays at the account level.

Just noticed that it did not carry over to the project settings.

So my formula =workday(receive5,-Days5) is all I need and holidays are automatically accounted for?

Mike

This discussion has been closed.