Can multiple people fill out different areas of the same form

Options

I would like to have a form which is initiated by one person.

This would trigger the next person to complete their portion, which would then trigger the next person to fill out their information.

Preferably, I would like only the fields each group/person needs to fill up to be visible.

Is this a possibility?

Tags:

Answers

• RickyT
    RickyT ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A way you can do this is have an initial form that only has the fields for person 1. The sheet that this from is based off will have all the fields for all 3 people plus including separate contact columns for each person. The flow will go as follows

• Person 1 fills out form with only their fields visible on form.
    • Once the populate data in a row, we can set an automation that when data is put in a row, send an update request to the contact in the column for Person 2. This update request can only ask them to fill out the specific columns you choose.
    • Once the data is populated in one of those specific columns it can trigger another automation to send an update request to the contact in the column for Person 3.

Its not a super clean way to do it but it is hands off once you build the automations. You will just have to make sure to know who the 3 people are when you initially start.

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF

• Carrie S
    Carrie S ✭✭
    edited 10/25/23
    Options

Thank you, Ricky.

So there is only one Form for the initiator (Step1) then, not 3? Person 2 (Step 3) and 3 (Step4) will be filling out the information directly in the Sheet? Or is there another form that gets sent out?

• Deric
    Deric ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Carrie S @RickyT

Ricky is talking about using update requests via workflows. It does exactly what you are needing, albeit in a slightly different method.

• RickyT
    RickyT ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep so just the one form, but if you have seen an update request it looks just the same but has focused information for that person specifically. All of this can be contained in one sheet and scale up to as many people as you want in the process. If you want Im happy to show you how. Feel free to shoot me an email and ill jump on a quick call with you. ricky.torres@siliconmtn.com

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Carrie S

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to previous excellent advice/answers.

• Another option would be to combine the form with the URL-Query feature and helper sheets. It's more advanced, so if the option to start with a form and continue with update requests works for you, I recommend going with that.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Carrie S
    Options

Thank you, both. I will give both options a try and see how they work out. I may reach out again.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Carrie S

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.