Filter Help

Radhika
Radhika ✭✭✭
edited 10/27/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Need a dropdown option for "Impacted Teams" in a cell, so that it can filter out all the rows in the tables with the value.

Tags:

Best Answer

• adp_cl
    adp_cl ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/07/23 Answer ✓

It appears that you're attempting to house a table within the sheet (different columns for different groups of rows). I do not believe that you will be able to accomplish that. If you adjust your data to not have "stacked" tables within the sheet, you will be able to filter using @Jeremy C 's instructions.

Answers

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C ✭✭✭✭✭

To make a column into a dropdown:

Right click on the column header -> Edit Column Properties -> Column Type then set it to dropdown list. Enter your dropdown selections and click Ok.

Then create a filter based on your needs for that column.

Regards - JC

• Hey @Radhika

I see that you marked JC's answer as not helping your question - can you explain further what you are looking to do?

Do you mean that you're trying to build a formula to create a number, based on the text in the Impacted Teams column?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Radhika
    Radhika ✭✭✭

Please see the attached image, table starts from row 8 Column impacted team row 1 should be the filter for that table which should provide the resultset. Also Need a dropdown for the table. When i'm selecting particular team I want the table to show all the resultset of the team along with calculation for sprint data(Sum). Filter dropdown will also help us give the total head count from different sheet.

Thanks,

Radhika

• adp_cl
    adp_cl ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/07/23 Answer ✓

It appears that you're attempting to house a table within the sheet (different columns for different groups of rows). I do not believe that you will be able to accomplish that. If you adjust your data to not have "stacked" tables within the sheet, you will be able to filter using @Jeremy C 's instructions.

• Radhika
    Radhika ✭✭✭

Thank you all for the insightful information. The view that I'm trying to achieve is not possible. I can get the data through different calculation, but not able to achieve the view that is expected