Help with a Real Estate Solution

Hi everyone - I wonder if someone can share some ideas on how to address this issue I'm having. I'm building a real estate management solution in Smartsheet.

I have 50 sites, each with 1-5 suites. As an owner, we have 50 items to manage. As a landlord, we have many, many options of site/suite configuration.

I have a master sheet that houses site information (purchase date, address, suite numbers, etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can track leases? Here's a mock up of the "Master" sheet:

In my lease tracking sheet, I might have a lease that's for Site A, suite 100 and suite 200. But maybe next year it would be just Site A, Suite 100. I don't want anything to slip through the cracks so I need a way to ensure that all the suites are accounted for in the lease tracking sheet.

In addition, I have an expense tracker to track invoices that pertain to these various site/suite combinations. Perhaps the lease for Site B encompasses all the suites but I need to break out the various suites to track the billing.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight you can offer!

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You have a master sheet with all your site information, right? To track leases effectively, here's what you can do:

1. Lease Tracking Sheet: Create a separate sheet just for lease tracking. This sheet should have columns for Lease Start Date, Lease End Date, Site Name, and Suites.
    2. Data Validation: To make things smooth, you can use data validation for the Suites column. This ensures that you only select suites associated with the chosen Site Name.
    3. Expense Tracker: Now, for the expense tracker, set up another sheet. Here, you can keep records of invoices related to different site/suite combinations.
    4. Formulas: In both the lease tracking and expense tracking sheets, you can use formulas to calculate totals and break down expenses by Site Name or Suites.
    5. Automation: Don't forget to use Smartsheet's automation features to set up reminders for lease renewal dates and invoice due dates.

This structure will keep things organized and ensure you don't miss out on any details. You'll be able to track expenses and leases effectively.