Document Builder not mapping drop down fields

Options
KDev
KDev ✭✭✭
edited 10/30/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

I have a new form that I've created in Smartsheet and have a workflow setup to create a PDF of the form every time someone completes a new form entry. The issue is my PDF is not mapping in any of the drop down fields. I created the PDF in PDF Acrobat and all the fields there were created as dropdowns so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I checked all the mapping in Smartsheet and all the fields are mapped correctly and there are no further options I can review/select there. I do have multiple selections available for some of those drop down fields so I'm wondering if that's the issue? Although it didn't populate even on the ones that didn't have multiple selections available. Any guidance is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@KDev Hi, The only difference that I remember when pulling info from a drop down (multiple selections) instead of a text field is check marking multi-line in the Options tab in Adobe Text field properties, and the font is auto under the appearance tab.

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@KDev Hi, The only difference that I remember when pulling info from a drop down (multiple selections) instead of a text field is check marking multi-line in the Options tab in Adobe Text field properties, and the font is auto under the appearance tab.

• KDev
    KDev ✭✭✭
    Options

This actually helped as I realized that the fields cannot be created as drop downs in Adobe Acrobat. They have to be text fields with the multi line option. Thank you so much!