Forcing a response for the following question based on previous question response.

Hi @Andrée Starå

I have a form with field name "Fixation" with dropdown Satisfactory and Improvements possible options to choose from. Following this field, I have "Comment" field. I do want to make this field require (*) if the participant chooses improvements possible option in the "Fixation" field. However, I still need "Comment" field to appear even if the option Satisfactory was selected (if they might want to add some info). But if the improvements possible option is selected, the following field should be a forced response. Is there a way that we can do this? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mounika

I hope you're well and safe!

You would have to add two so-called helper columns, which would be a second comment column, and then have the second one collect from both.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mounika

I hope you're well and safe!

You would have to add two so-called helper columns, which would be a second comment column, and then have the second one collect from both.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.