Formula with AND and OR

I'm fairly new to formulas. I created this one sucessfully so far:

=IF(AND([Contract Status]@row = "Existing Contract", [Credentialing Status]@row = "Approved"), [Credentialing status: As of date]@row)

So it takes the credentialing approved date from that 4th column and copies to the effective date in the 6th column (in blue).

However, I only want it to do that if the status is "DHCS Enrolled", "Not Applicable" or "DHCS Applied". I do not want it to copy it when it is any other status, such as "Docs Inadequate" for example. I don't know how to say AND when [Enrollment]@row is equal to x, OR y OR z.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Deborah,

Try this AND that included OR as below. Hope it works for you.

=IF(AND([Contract Status]@row = "Existing Contract", [Credentialing Status]@row = "Approved", OR([Enrollment]@row="DHCS Enrolled",[Enrollment]@row="Not Applicable",[Enrollment]@row="DHCS Applied")), [Credentialing status: As of date]@row)

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Deborah,

Try this AND that included OR as below. Hope it works for you.

=IF(AND([Contract Status]@row = "Existing Contract", [Credentialing Status]@row = "Approved", OR([Enrollment]@row="DHCS Enrolled",[Enrollment]@row="Not Applicable",[Enrollment]@row="DHCS Applied")), [Credentialing status: As of date]@row)

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• I thought I tried that before, but I must have messed up something along the way. It worked, thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!