Formula to create "all that apply" for Knowledge Check Form

Hello Community,

I am currently creating a knowledge check and was wondering if there was a formula to create an "all that apply" type of question. For example:

5. What is on the customer experience call flow?

• Smile
  • Engage
  • Trust
  • Own
  • Listen

This is my broken formula:

=IF(CONTAINS(("Trust", "Smile", “Own”), [5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row), "Correct", "Wrong")

Is this something that can be done? Thank you for your help!

Tags:

Best Answer

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michael_Selfe ,

Try something like this.

=IF(COUNTM([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row) = 3, IF(AND(HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Trust"), HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Smile"), HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Own")), "Correct", "Wrong"))

This assumes you wanted all 3 items to be checked.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need an OR with individual CONTAINS functions.

=IF(OR(CONTAINS("Trust", [5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row), CONTAINS("Smile", [5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row), CONTAINS("Own", [5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row)), "Correct", "Wrong")

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Michael_Selfe ,

Try something like this.

=IF(COUNTM([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row) = 3, IF(AND(HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Trust"), HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Smile"), HAS([5. What is on the customer experience call flow?]@row, "Own")), "Correct", "Wrong"))

This assumes you wanted all 3 items to be checked.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!