Report Grouping Issue

Options
Raquel
Raquel ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/04/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have report that summarized about 38 sheets using sheet summary fields. For some reasons, one of the fields isn't coming through so the report is not grouping properly. It's only happening for a few sheets but it's the third time it's happened this week. To fix it I have to go in to each sheet summary, take a letter off, save, then add it back, and save. Any idea what could be going on or how to fix? I only know it's not working properly if someone tells me and it's not easy to spot since it's all the way at the bottom of a 38 row report. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Raquel

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• O ski
    O ski ✭✭
    Options

Hey @Raquel !

I am having the same issue, although it took me longer to determine what was happening. I have a Summary Report that is used to give colleagues access to the underlying sheets assigned to them. The sheet summaries have a contact field and I have the report filtered to "Current User" so I can give everyone the same link and they only see what is assigned to them.

About 2+ weeks ago (around the time of your post) I started getting complaints that users were not seeing all of their sheets listed on the report. It was intermittent and didn't affect everyone, and the only way I found to fix was what you described above (going to the sheet, deleting the contact, saving, then re-entering the contact), but that fix seems to only temporarily resolve the problem.

After pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was happening, I decided to build a new report from scratch to see if I could find the issue. After experiencing the same "vanishing" rows in the new report, I turned off all filters and was grouping to try and find a pattern to the madness. That is when I discovered the "Blank" group despite the fact that it's showing data in the report.

I just submitted a support ticket to Smartsheet hoping they can help, but when I saw your post I was relieved to know that I am not the only one having this issue and thought I would let you know that you're not alone in having this problem either.

Let us know if you find a fix, and I will definitely do the same.

Thanks!

• Raquel
    Raquel ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @O ski,

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issue. I was told by the support team to remove the summary field from the sheet and then add it back. I thought it resolved the issue but when I looked at the report this morning I had two sheets that were in the Blank group again. At this point I'm just going to set a reminder for myself to check the report every few days.

Hope you have better luck!

• Raquel
    Raquel ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @O ski,

Did you have any luck with the support team? Unfortunately, my issue is back and I now have 11 sheets that have no group. Super frustrating and now I have to open a new case with Smartsheet support. Thanks!