Update Request

I am curious if an update request from can be sent out via text message? We are using the update requests for mileage and hours on our trucks and welding machines. Right now I have it to automate when dates are reached and then an email sent out for the pertinent information.

Just thinking a text could be super slick application here.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

So it won't do it natively but zapier can..Here is a webinar where he goes over it (minute 7). That would be a great feature thought!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Caleb W

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently developed a solution using Zapier and Twilio.

Another option could be the Premium App, Bridge, or the Smartsheet API.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Caleb W
    Caleb W ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Tim C and @Andrée Starå .

I am curious, is it possible to have the update request similar to a form? That way if there is an update to an asset status before the date triggers the automation, the owner can just open the form, select the asset to update and go?

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

Update requests look similar to a form and you could pick which fields you wanted to send to the person. Do you have any screenshots you could share for your workflow you're thinking of?

• Caleb W
    Caleb W ✭✭✭✭

@Tim C, Sorry. With the form side I was wondering if the update request can be set up like the forms? Where the user can just open the form"update request" without one needing to be sent out?

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

@Caleb W Not exactly like a form but similar. Form vs update request (1st attachment is a form)

This is what the user sees- like a form, but you get to choose which columns they update. I typically use automations to send update requests but you can do it manually too.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!