Recover a deleted row/card from Smartsheet?

Hello,

Is there away to recover a deleted row/card from Smartsheet so I can retain the correct ID# and detail?

Thanks,

Lara Lehnerz

Answers

• Hi Lara,

If you have a license, you can view a history of all changes in Smartsheet in the Activity Log.

You can find the Activity Log by clicking "File" in the top left corner and clicking "View Activity Log".

In the Activity Log, you can filter by type of change, who made the change, and the date of the change.

When you find the correct "Row Deleted" section, you can click to expand the section by clicking the arrow on the left-hand side of the row. It will show you all of the values from the deleted column.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jessica

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lara Lehnerz

There are a few steps to get the details back. First is to get into your activity log and click on "Request Snapshot" from an activity prior to the deletion of the row. This will send an excel with the data prior to the deletion to the sheet owner. Note that you will only see the option to request snapshot where a change has been made.

Once you have the excel, I assume you've the ID as an auto number column type, so change the column type to text/number and insert the row in the sheet to copy the data from your excel download. Once done, change the column type back to auto number and put in the starting number as the number next to the last ID on the row.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com