Can I create multiple duplicates of a sheet and its associated forms?

Options

I have a sheet that captures worker's comp data being entered on a form. I want to create a separate sheet and form for multiple divisions, then have the data from each copied over to a master sheet.

I have the sheet and form completed. If I make a copy of the sheet, will it also copy the form? Do I have to create a new form for each sheet?

Is there a way to link the copies to the "master" sheet so that any changes to the sheet or form are reflected on the others?

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@StevenK

If you save your sheet as a template, it will keep your forms and automations. Then just use the template to create your other sheets.

As far as a master sheet, you can do this a couple of different ways.

1. Use automations to copy rows to the master sheet
    2. Use formulas to get the data from other sheets to the master

The easiest however since all of the sheets should be a duplicate of each other is to use the report feature and bring all the sheets and pertinent data together for a combined view.

• StevenK
    StevenK ✭✭
    Options

JamesB, thanks for responding. I am really new to all this so I will have to think this over a bit. Basically, I am learning this as I go along.

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@StevenK

This community forum and the Smartsheet University are great resources to help you along your journey. Start simple get the data you need. I would start with the reports solution as this is the easiest method as Smartsheet does most of the programmatic work of pulling the data together. Use your sheets area to create sheets and reports that are only for you to try different methods, then you can move them to workspaces for others.