Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Global Setting for Gantt Timescale: open to today's date

Options
Mario W.
Mario W. âś­âś­

This setting "Open to today's date" should be global, so it is working for all persons who view the dashboard. If this setting is set, I see the Gantt in the dashboard on the actual date. If it is not set, I see the Gantt in the dashboard on the first date ever in the Gantt.

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nik Fuentes
    Nik Fuentes âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

If these settings are only going to apply to the viewer who sets them, having this restricted to Admin permissions is not a good idea. It means either Gantt Timescale Settings don't exist for Editors and Viewers or we have to give Admin Permissions to many more people than need it.

I suspect that the Project Settings are restricted to the Admin level because of the Dependency Settings in the same menu. If that's the case, the Gantt Timeline Settings should be moved to a different menu so that they can be accessed freely. I know we can use reports to bypass this limitation, but our Editors work in the sheets and often need to make row changes you can't do from a report.

Either make the settings apply globally when set by an Admin or make the Gantt Timescale Settings accessible down to the viewer level. I'd prefer the latter.