Confirm attendee list

I am using a sheet/form to confirm attendees for an event. I have all of the names in a sheet along with their department in another column. I would like to have a form that is prepopulated with all of the names in a certain department and a check box next to each one to confirm if they are attending or not. Is anything like this possible with Smartsheet? Can forms be prepopulated at all?

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately forms can't be prepopulated, but there are a couple different ways you could go about this depending on how you wanted to capture the data.

If you have the email contacts in a contact column correlating to their names you could set up an automation to request an update if they will be able to attend. This would not require allowing individuals to have access to update any but their own information.

You could also share a report that includes a checkbox for if they will be attending. This method is less secure, but would allow for greater visibility or a single point of contact to update for a department.

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ajuelsgaard

I hope you're well and safe!

Depending on the specifics, you could potentially use the URL-Query feature combined with some helper columns to pre-populate the form.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.