Automation for Date and/or Time Change

Hello,

I have been struggling with an automation for notifying a group of people about changes in the date/time of appointments.

I have doctors submit a form when a new patient consult is created which triggers an email to a group of people.

I want an additional notification to go out if they change the date or time of the existing appointment. When I created this new automation, it was triggered when a new consult was created and both emails went out. Do you have ideas to send out an email ONLY when the date/time is modified, not both emails when a new patient is created?

Tags:

Best Answer

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have had a similar issue.

I created two additional checkbox field.

I then added an automation to check the first of these fields upon creation of the row from the form. I then used an automation upon the change of the is field to send out the created notification and then check the second check box.

The automation to notify changes to the times would then only be sent as long as the second check box was checked. There may be a better way to have done this, but this worked for me.

John

Answers

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have had a similar issue.

I created two additional checkbox field.

I then added an automation to check the first of these fields upon creation of the row from the form. I then used an automation upon the change of the is field to send out the created notification and then check the second check box.

The automation to notify changes to the times would then only be sent as long as the second check box was checked. There may be a better way to have done this, but this worked for me.

John

• Kate HC
    Kate HC ✭✭
    edited 11/22/23

That worked!! Thank you very much.

Kate

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You are welcome.

JOhn

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!