Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form session time

Wenlei
Wenlei
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

Is there a save-what-I-have-typed-in function in web form? for example, I didn't finish the web form at once, maybe, I left in the middle of it.  When I come back to it, can I still use the same web form, and when I click submit, can this form be submitted successfully?

I know this is a strange question, and I probably haven't make it clear. Let's set up a scenario.

My boss set up a web form, and published it to me. I open the link, start to do the form. It's a long form, some of the columns need me to write like 2000 words. suddenly, I got a important call, then I left 2 hours to answer it. Clearly, I don't want to refill in the long column. So when I come back, can I continue to fill in the same form? When I click submit, does it still working? how long is the session timeout time?

Tags:

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about timeout length, but if you submit it you can always get an update request to finish out the row unless they have it set that you have to input everything before you can submit. 

• Thanks Luke_TK. It's helpful. but the situation is, for example, in the scenario,I am scared of my boss, I don't want her find out that I sent a unfinished web form. but I think the solution you mentioned is the only way to solve this save-unfinished-form problem. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wenlei,

I have left Forms open for hours and not seemed to cause a problem. (I have a lot of things open at once, it is a defect of mine)

I would be more concerned about being afraid of my boss. 

Craig

This discussion has been closed.