Transfer Ownership

Hi there - I am a current Admin and previous Owner for a Smartsheet. The current Owner recently left the company and the sheet needs a relevant Owner. I appreciate the help!

Regards.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @plessing

The Smartsheet Account Admin can transfer ownership of all objects (sheets/reports/dashboards) from the past employee to the another employee of your choice. If it needs to be divided up, then its easiest to get the creds from IT and log in and split it up yourself.

I suggest to my clients that they allocate one license as an account level admin license that owns all the high profile objects and workspaces, and Control Center blueprints. The creds to that account are then shared to a few key people. This is a common best practice.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• That's not the scenario I'm working with at the moment. I work for a large Matrixed company and finally was able to transfer the sheet to a Sr. Program Manager. Unfortunately, this teammate left the company abruptly recently and I don't see/understand how transfer ownership. There are several Admins, but I am the only teammate that has a license. Hope that makes sense. TY!

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @plessing,

Within User Management click the three dots at the end of the user's row which will display the following options.

Click the Transferred Owned Items option and then select the user to whom you wish to transfer those items.

John