Input forms (PDF) created with ADOBE

Kadowaki Hiroyuki
edited 12/08/23 in Smartsheet Basics

**Translated by a Moderator as the Community is currently only supported in English**

Good afternoon.

Input-ready PDFs created in Adobe are imported by document generation.

After refining one line in the Document Builder:

1) There is a difference in the size of full-width characters and half-width numbers.

(2) When I check the PDF stored in the attachment, some of the input items are not displayed. but can be seen when downloading and checking.

(3) The size of the entered items seen in SmartSheet and the downloaded PDF - The text size of the entered items seen in SmartSheet is different from that seen in the downloaded PDF.

→→→→

When creating items that can be entered using a form from a PDF

Font (Meirio) and size, single/multiple lines, left-aligning Box size to be input is unified.

SmartSheet also has a unified font and size (Maylio)

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kadowaki Hiroyuki

As you can see in the Fonts tab of Smartsheet, the fonts currently supported by Smartsheet are Arial, Tahoma, Times, and Verdana.

Use Tahoma in place of Meiryo in Japanese hankaku

I set Tahoma, which seems closest to Meiryo in Adobe's text field properties, and it displayed correctly in the attachment, including the half-width portion, as specified.

Click on the link below to see the document created in the attached file with the published demo sheet.

-- Japanese --

Kadowaki さん こんにちは

Smartsheetのフォントのタブにあるように、現在、SmartsheetでサポートされているフォントはArial, Tahoma, Times, and Verdanaです。

日本語半角Meiryo表示はTahomaで上手く行きました

AdobeのテキストフィールドのプロパティーでMeiryoに最も近いと思われるTahomaを設定したところ、指定通り半角分も含めて添付ファイルで正常表示されました。

下のリンクをクリックすると公表したデモシートで添付ファイルにある作成されたドキュメントを確認できます。

日本語表示でタホマが明瞭に最も近い。

Tahoma is the closest to the Meiryo.

> Some of the input items are not displayed

The attachment did not display half-width characters created with the Meiryo Font designation.

Meiryo Font指定で作成された半角文字は添付ファイルでは表示されませんでした。

• @jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp  さん

Hi jmyzk.

I am very happy with the detailed research you have done.

I was struggling with inefficiency because of the fine tuning of the input fields.

I will fix it and try again.

Thank you very much.

ーーーー<日本語>ーーーーーーーーー

こんにちわ jmyzkさん

細かく調査してくれて、とてもうれしいです。

入力フィールドの調整が細かいので非効率で悩んでました。

修正して再チャレンジします。

ありがとうございます。

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kadowaki Hiroyuki

Happy to help! 

Smartsheet should simplify creating documents without going through third-party apps like Adobe Acrobat. (A candidate would be some editor features like creating a table in the customized message using the placeholders (field names in braces, as {{Task Name}}) as in alerts and requests.

--- Japanese ---

お気軽に質問してください!

Adobe AcrobatでのPDFの作成は確かに面倒です。Smartsheetにはアラートなどで{{タスク名}}のようなプレースホルダーによるカスタマイズメッセージ機能があるので、そのような機能を応用し外部アプリを使わずに表のあるドキュメントが作れるようなエディタがあれば、と思います。

| hankaku | zenkaku |

| {{hankaku}} | {{zenkaku}} |

• jmyzk_さん

コメントありがとうございます

おっしゃる通りですね。

入力を多数のメンバーに開放する場合、変更管理など色々と面倒で

レビューの記録などをPDF化し断片的に保管してます、

その時のワークフローの添付資料にし、排他制御するためにも重要な資料と考えてます

ありがとうございました

Kadowaki Hiroyuki

ーーーーー

Hi jmyzk_.

Thank you for your comment.

You are right.

When we open the input to many members, it is troublesome to manage changes and so on.

I keep review records in PDF format and store them in fragments,

I think it is an important document to attach to the workflow at that time and to control exclusivity.

Thank you very much.

Kadowaki Hiroyuki

Thank you very much.