Why would a link in an automated email notification not hyperlink for some but not others?

KarenTF
KarenTF ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a workflow set up to notify specific individuals each month and in the description in the message, I have a web address included for them to click to open the form they are to fill out. When I receive the email notification, the message with the address lets me click and it will take me to the form. It also works for other people, but not everybody. Is there any way to fix this so everyone will have the address hyperlinked in the message?

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭

We have encountered this, too, and observed that it depended on the email client used by the recipient. In our experience, URLs in the email alerts show up as hyperlinks in the desktop app for Outlook. When the same emails are viewed in Outlook's web app, the URLs are displayed as text.

Another consideration is that hyperlinks in emails can be disabled by the email system's administrators. And this restriction can be deployed to some groups but not others.

We include the following instruction in the email, "Copy-paste the URL below into your web browser if the link does not work."