User being deactivated automatically when added

Darren Mullen
Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm adding some users in the Smartsheet Admin center, and one user in particular has the following behavior:

I add them using "add users" and no error appears, but this user is immediately placed on the "deactivated" list and when I try to reactive them, a pop up appears and it just says "Something went wrong"

Any ideas.... Only thing I can think of is their email account is associated with another Smartsheet organization somehow?

Answers

• Hey @Darren Mullen

Apologies for the delay in response. A while back we had some reports of this due to an update in link sniffer activity which was automatically clicking "decline" before the invitation email was received by the end user - to mitigate this we changed the behaviour of Invite emails. Now clicking the button asks a user to sign in to Smartsheet first, to then accept or decline from within the application. (Here's more information)

If what you're experiencing is happening in December, after we've made this update, then I agree that it may be due to the user being associated with another plan. Have you asked them about this?

If they're not in another plan, please reach out to Support so you can share private information, such as the user's email address and a video recording of the error message when you invite them. They'll be able to check out more details in the back-end for that specific account.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. thanks for the response! I'll look into it more