Data Shuttle Workflow Only Partially Uploading Data

Options

In Data Shuttle I have an upload workflow. The source data is an excel spreadsheet with 14788 rows. The Data Shuttle upload is stopping after it adds 3832 rows and saying it is complete (no errors listed). The upload workflow does not have any filters so all the rows should be loaded.

The Data Shuttle workflow has been working fine (loading all the rows twice a day) up until 12/8 when it said there was an error 'deleting' rows ..but then says after that the workflow is completing fine (except it is stopping at 3832).

The source sheet has not been modified structurally (just different row values). The source sheet is generated from another system.

I tried deleting the row in the source sheet where the workflow was getting stuck and reran the workflow ..but the same result happened. It stopped after uploading 3832 and said it was successful.

Thoughts on what to try next?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kim Shaddix
    Kim Shaddix ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM with Data Shuttle - I've been running the same data shuttles every week since April - this is the first time I've had this problem and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

I am working with my Smartsheet TAM - when/if he finds the issue, I'll let you know what he said.

It is clearly an issue on Smartsheet's end - I wonder if an update caused unexpected results?? No idea.

• Michael Coulson
    Options

Hi,

Since Thursday evening last week we've seen errors with our data shuttle workflows with some not working altogether.

We have some workflows that are set to run every 15 mins, these only work every other time now (see screenshot). Again, this is all since Thursday evening.

Is anyone else having issues with their workflows? It seems like something was done on Thursday that has caused this.

Thanks

• sw6
    sw6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi all,

I have an issue with my DataShuttle flows (Action: Replace). So most of my Replace flows Update and Delete in the same 'run'. However, a few are beginning to Delete on one run through then Add on another run through.

I'm not sure if this is just a bug but it is becoming quite frustrating as it essentially means that the flow can only run an even amount of times and there is sometimes time lag between runs where we have no data in the sheet (which drives alot of formulas in other sheets).

Has anyone heard of this/got a fix?

Thanks all!

• Stephanie Pepp
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have a support ticket open and they acknowledged there are reports of others having the same problem. At least I know I can stop troubleshooting on my own now! I just hope it's resolved quickly.

• scottreiter
    scottreiter ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have also opened a support ticket and mentioned that others are reporting the same issue. I will let you know what I hear back ...

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi all,

Thank you for posting about your experience with Data Shuttle this week, and thank you for reporting this to the Support team. We are currently investigating Data Shuttle "replace" workflows and I'll post here when I have any updates for you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• MikeS
    MikeS ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MikeS

I don't have an ETA at this time, however this has been posted to our Status page. You can subscribe to alerts for updates, here:

• scottreiter
    scottreiter ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like the issue has been resolved by Smartsheet. My workflows are operating as expected now.

• Kim Shaddix
    Kim Shaddix ✭✭✭
    Options

My data shuttle issues were resolved 12/12/23 around 2pm Central time - thankfully!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @scottreiter & @Kim Shaddix Thank you for confirming this has been resolved for you!