Progress Bar Help

We are using the following formula to generate a progress bar, however, if the 'overall' cell is over 50% it automatically shows on the bar as 75% and anything over 75% shows as 100%. Please can anyone help with where we have gone wrong?

=IF([Overall %]28 < 0.25, "Empty", IF([Overall %]28 < 0.5, "Quarter", IF([Overall %]28 < 0.75, "Three Quarter", "Full")))

Thanks 😊

Best Answer

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @JennyB.,

See if this gets you what you are looking for.

=IF([Overall %]@row < 0.25, "Empty", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.25, [Overall %]@row <= 0.49), "Quarter", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.5, [Overall %]@row <= 0.74), "Half", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.75, [Overall %]@row <= 0.99), "Three Quarter", "Full"))))

Hope this helps,

Dave

Answers

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JennyB.,

I am making some assumptions here, but based on what you are asking it is behaving exactly as I would expect based on your formula.

Can you review the following and see if my assumptions are correct?

% displayed (status bar image)

0% (Empty)

1% - 25% (Quarter)

26% - 50% (Half)

51% - 99% (Three Quarter)

100% (Full)

If not please correct as you would like and someone can help you with the formula.

• JennyB.
    JennyB. ✭✭

Yes, that is correct. Thanks

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @JennyB.,

See if this gets you what you are looking for.

=IF([Overall %]@row < 0.25, "Empty", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.25, [Overall %]@row <= 0.49), "Quarter", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.5, [Overall %]@row <= 0.74), "Half", IF(AND([Overall %]@row >= 0.75, [Overall %]@row <= 0.99), "Three Quarter", "Full"))))

Hope this helps,

Dave

• JennyB.
    JennyB. ✭✭

Perfect, thank you for your help

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!