bulk update individual cell references at the same time.

Options
sbollam
sbollam ✭✭
edited 12/21/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a scorecard that pulls data from several other spreadsheets, all of which are specific to different years. With the new year approaching, I aim to generate new copies retaining the same workflow and linked sheets. Is there a method to duplicate all sheets with new year specific names while maintaining the existing document linkage? The only way I see is to go to each cell and update hyperlink manually to the new sheet but I have around 1500 cells that are linked to different sheets capturing data. Is there a way to do this update in bulk action.

Sorry if my questions sound confusing. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @sbollam -- this is a little confusing :)

If you want to duplicate a large project, create a folder. Put the sheets in you want duplicated. Right click the folder and click Save as New. If Sheet A references Sheet B and both sheets are in the folder, when you create the copy of the folder, the formulas in Sheet A (New) will now reference Sheet B (New). If you don't include Sheet B in the folder, Sheet A (New) will reference Sheet B (Old).

Regarding the "hyperlink" can you provide an example of what you hyperlinked and how? Screenshots would be helpful.