Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formulas not working in some rows

Heidi Decker1
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi there,

I have this formula running in a field called Contract. This sums up all the pricing across this line.

=SUM([Facility Rental]373 + [Curtain Fee]373 + [Chair Fee]373 + [Stage Fee]373 + [Porch Fee]373 + [Lot Fee]373 + [Rehearsal Fee]373 + [Cleaning Fee]373).

This is working in some of the rows but not in all of them. I have tried clearing the fields it's not working in and reentering it. It still does not work.

Feeling very frustrated about this. They were all working at 1 time. I'm not sure when it broke.

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

According to: https://help.smartsheet.com/function/sum

You have to remove the + signs and add commas. Or you could remove the Sum( and just put an equal sign to also perform the calculation. 

=SUM([Facility Rental]373, [Curtain Fee]373, [Chair Fee]373, [Stage Fee]373, [Porch Fee]373, [Lot Fee]373, [Rehearsal Fee]373, [Cleaning Fee]373) 

The above formula should do the trick. If you are getting a specific error message, please tell us what that is. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In addition, if there are no columns between [Facility Rental] and [Cleaning Fee] that you do not want included in this sum, this will also work:

=SUM([Facility Rental]373:[Cleaning Fee]373)

Craig

This discussion has been closed.