Totaling Scores Conditionally

Hi all,

I'm putting together a resume scoring Smartsheet and want to total five domain values.

Applicants can apply for either our quantitative analyst or qualitative analyst position. Some apply for both. All applicants receive scores (0-2) (dropdown) for 4 categories (relevant coursework, interest. etc). Quantitative applicants receive a score for "Quantitative Skills", while qualitative applicants receive a score for "Qualitative Skills"; those who apply to both positions receive scores for both.

If the applicant applies for quant, they receive no score for qual (and vice versa).

I have a "Final Score - Qual" and "Final Score - Quant" column for each applicant. If the candidate is a quantitative applicant (so doesn't receive a score for qualitative skills), how do I get the "Final Score - Qual" sum to show false or N/A?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• emma_rock
    emma_rock ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I tried this and got an error.

IF([Requisition Type]@row <> "Qualitative", =SUM([Relevant Degree/Coursework]@row, [Demonstrated Interest in Health Policy]@row, [Research/Analysis Experience]@row, [Quantitative Skills]@row, [Substantive Areas of Interest]@row)

Any thoughts?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

All you need to do is take that last formula from yesterday and remove the = from before the SUM function.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!