Formula Help

The formula below is supposed to show the date a line item was closed. I'm thinking that by using the TODAY function here that the day will change everyday. I want to to pull the date that the status was changed and then never changed that date again? Thanks

=IF(Status@row = "Closed", TODAY())

Best Answer

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@LeoCicio You will need to create a helper column. I would name it, "Status Closed Date" and make it a date type column. Then you can use a workflow automation to set the date in the Status Closed Date column when the status changes to Closed. I use something similar to track when changes are made to the comments cell in a task.

Unfortunately you cannot really use the built-in modified date column type because this will change when any cell in the row changes.

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@LeoCicio You will need to create a helper column. I would name it, "Status Closed Date" and make it a date type column. Then you can use a workflow automation to set the date in the Status Closed Date column when the status changes to Closed. I use something similar to track when changes are made to the comments cell in a task.

Unfortunately you cannot really use the built-in modified date column type because this will change when any cell in the row changes.

• Great that worked perfectly. Thanks