Legal case management

Options

Hello community. I'm fairly new to Smartsheetm, but I've seen enough demos to know I'd really like to learn how to use it. Seems like it can do what I need but I'd like to ask those with more experience. Is anyone here using it a law firm environment in lieu of a case management system? That's what I'm hoping to do, specifically using it to manage case/client data, and monitor deadlines and case status. Note, this is a little different than in-house counsel usage for contract management, project management, etc. I work at a personal firm where we may be juggling hundreds of cases at a time, all at different stages in their life cycle, so data management is critical. Because I've barely scratched the surface with Smartsheet, I'm not even sure what questions to ask. But if anyone out there is using it in any way resembling what I've described, will you kindly let me know? I'd like to at least know whether this is doable (and if so, how well does Smartsheet do it) before I jump in. Thank you!

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/04/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@sbs

Though not in a judicial role, I used to work for the government, and I see the possibility of Smartsheet for case management. There is a simple template that you can modify to meet your needs.

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/us/templates/legal-case-management

For example, you can add those realistic milestones or tasks.

1. Client Intake and Case Assessment
    2. Planning and Strategy Development
    3. Research and Investigation
    4. Document and Pleadings Preparation
    5. Discovery Process
    6. Pre-Trial Motions and Hearings
    7. Trial Preparation
    8. Trial
    9. Post-Trial Activities
    10. Case Closure and Archiving

Then, you can use the project management features such as the Gantt chart. Adding relevant documents to rows makes managing all the related documents easy, and Smartsheet even has document-proofing features.

Answers