Loads of images on Smartsheet

Good morning and happy New Year Smartsheet community.

I run a production-driven business.

Our clients bring in products that we repair. Once they bring in their products, we take photos of the item(s) to manage the risk of clients trying to abuse us by saying that certain scratches, dents, dirt marks, etc. weren't visible on the product when they brought it in for the repair. Should this happen, we can show the client the "book-in" images of the item to prove that we did not damage or harm the item.

I'm looking into a way that we can upload these book-in images to each item or product that we repair, on Smartsheet.

I want my employees to be able to open the item/product on Smartsheet and go to attachments to simply find the book-in images there for easy access.

My issues are that these images are often large in file size and Smartsheet has a 1TB storage limit. 2ndly I'm concerned that the larger file size will decrease automation speed on Smartsheet.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me on how to link our images with Smartsheet, without exceeding the maximum storage space of 1TB in 3 months or slow down automations?

Regards

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Meyer Scholtz

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting!

Here are some ways to solve it.

• Upgrade to Enterprise with unlimited storage (simplest method)
    • Add pictures to local storage, and then use software to optimize quality/size and then upload, drag to Smartsheet row for the team
    • Add a folder for the item in an online storage service (Onedrive, Dropbox, or similar) and then add a link to the folder to the item row in Smartsheet

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.