Running log of dates...? HELP!

Hello community! I'm in need of some help and ideas as I'm trying to figure out a solution to a project we're working on. We have a tracker for our medical monitors to help them keep track of checking on certain patient data. The issue is that we need a running log for the "medical monitoring dates" and they need to check off the different logs each time...

I'm not sure how to do format this so it makes sense and it's easy for the senior medical monitor to see when the other monitors came did their checks (and input the date they did it). Would love some tips if anyone has! Thank you!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @laura.sandoval,

If you can elaborate on your process step by step (who is taking what action, then what's next, etc.) you will probably get a better answer. It's not too clear to me exactly what you need.

It sounds like you want to add insight into (1) who checked certain boxes and (2) at what time.

For #2 you can add a record date automation which solves this.

#1 is a little trickier - you could use cell history (this technically solves both #1 and #2 but is not immediately visible in the Sheet) or use copy row automation to another sheet then INDEX(MATCH()) to pull in the modified by value into a contact column. This can be tricky to build and in the past I think I had to make a duplicative modified by column since sometimes automation@smartsheet.com will be considered the last 'user' to modify. You can also do this via the API (populate a cell with the user who made a specific change) and this is what we do now. If you know how to code you can do this yourself, or we (School of Sheets, my consulting company) can implement this for you if you would like.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @laura.sandoval

I hope you're well and safe!

Please have a look at my post below with a method I developed.

More info: 

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.