Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting - Not working for updates / new cells

bmezger
bmezger ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

All of a sudden conditional formatting (colors) of cells when a specific list option is selected on a cell update or when a new row + cell is created.  The conditional formatting rules are working for existing cells, but not for above.  I've tried deleting the rules and re-creating them, clearing formatting in the column, etc. with no luck.  Also, the colors flicker when you delete the option selected from the list.  It's only happening in one of many sheets in my account.

Any ideas of what would cause this?

Screen Recording 2017-07-18 at 07.59 PM.gif

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

By any chance are you switching the drop-down from within a report? If you are, the data isn't actually updated until you hit save. You will have to save the data and refresh the report to see the change. 

If you are working in a SmartSheet and it is doing the same thing, it might be because a different Conditional Formatting is taking precedence over the other one. They work in a hierarchy with each other. You can drag your conditional formatting bar to the top of the list by grabbing the left side of the bar... and dragging it up. Try those out and see if either of those solutions work for you. 

• bmezger
    bmezger ✭✭✭

I'm working directly in a Sheet and not a report, so that's not the issue.  I have tried selecting the option (i.e.: Urgent) > save, then refresh the page to see if the formatting takes place = no formatting.

I've also placed the two conditions at the top of the conditional formatting list to take precedence, but that hasn't solved the issue either.  It seems to be a bug in this one particular sheet.  I created a new sheet and set the same conditions and they work as they should...same as other existing sheets.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bizarre. Try clearing your browser cache and making sure that you are viewing the page at 100%; In Google Chrome browser this would be View > Actual Size. I have seen multiple reports of visual discrepancies caused by zoom as well as browser cache issues. 

• Having same problem.  Resetting page view to 100% doesn't help.  Switching browsers doesn't help (so presumably not a cache issue).

• I have the same issue. Work around for me as to disabled and then re-enable the rules and all is back to normal. Will see if it holds as i add more rows.  

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did disabling and re-enabling all the rules work for you? That is an interesting fix. Must have been a bug with a recent update. 

• Yes, it worked for me. Has not happened since. 

This discussion has been closed.