Automation Issue

Last week this automation was working correctly but this morning it isn’t. For some reason it is now locking rows that don’t have either of the boxes checked. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, can someone help me please?

Thank you

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that someone checked the boxes then unchecked the boxes realizing they made an error? If they did when it was initially checked it would have locked the rows but not unlocked them when the boxes were unchecked.

• No, nobody else was in the sheet when I added this automation. I tested the automation on specific rows that contained items that should not have been locked but they were.

• Hi @Leslie S.

Are you testing this workflow by clicking "Run Now"? If so, this skips the Trigger block and will only look at Condition Blocks (since clicking "Run Now" becomes the trigger).

If this isn't the case, an you clarify a few things for us?

• Are there any other automations on the sheet?
    • How are the checkboxes being checked (formula or manual change)?
    • What happens if you create a Copy of the workflow and deactivate this current workflow, does it still lock inconsistently?

It would be helpful to see a screen capture of one of the rows that does not match the criteria, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve.

We may have some connection issues that are happening because I don't see that this issue is still happening, everything looks correct now.

Thanks very much for all of your help!