Tracking responses system

Travis Zinck
Travis Zinck ✭✭
edited 01/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I feel this is probably a very low level type of request that I'm just not thinking through the correct way. I've done some decent uses of SmartSheet and have some automated workflows I've built, etc., so I feel like this is a pretty ignorant question but I'm going to ask it anyway, 😀.

I routinely will query 6-12 department leaders asking for the answer to a specific topic. Not infrequently I have an inconsistent response rate which then requires me to track who I heard from and who I didn't.

I'd like to develop a sheet/system where I can track each request and whether each person responded and be able to do some automated 'pinging' of non responsive people. Also to have some visual accountability for the group to see "oh, look Johnny has replied to each item and Sarah hasn't replied to anything."

I figure each Row could be a query/question being asked with a column for detail. I then thought do I need to have 6-12 columns for each person's name? I assume using a Contact Field and then only that person would be used in that column? It seems perhaps not the most efficient though.

Thanks in advance for wisdom!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Travis Zinck

I hope you're well and safe!

You could do it as you describe, with one contact column and one answer column for each, but if you add the contact in each workflow, you could skip the contact column.

Another option could be to have them answer a form instead and collect who answered that way, and that could be connected from another sheet to the main, but if that's a viable solution, it depends on your specific structure.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.