Use Salesforce Connector to Merge Salesforce Accounts?

Options

Good morning. My company is just beginning to use the Salesforce Connector, focusing first on Salesforce Account cleanup. Reaching out to this Community for guidance on how to merge Salesforce Accounts via the Connector.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this question.

John

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @John Crick

The Salesforce and Smartsheet connector can sync data between these two platforms, but if you're doing account management (such as merging accounts) you'll want to take those actions directly within each respective platform.

Once your accounts have been merged or set up in Salesforce, then you can use the connector to bring data back and forth between Salesforce and Smartsheet. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• John Crick
    John Crick ✭✭✭
    edited 01/16/24
    Options

Hi, Genevieve. Thank you for addressing my question and yes, it does make sense. I am not surprised that this feature is unavailable, but wanted to confirm.

One related question: I can use the Connector to change the Account that an Opportunity and Contact is associated with?

Thanks again,

John

• Gustavo Seluja
    Options

@John Crick you would need the AccountId of both, and I guess do the updating in Smartsheet - and synch back? Do sandbox first.

Gustavo Seluja, MS

IT Business Systems Analyst - Salesforce Administrator

Optum - WellMed Medical Management