Formula not displaying percentage

I would like to display the most recent data from a cell in the metadata section of my Status Tracker sheet. Every week someone will manually update this information by adding a new date and then manually entering the percentage complete. All of the information at the to pulls in the most recent update in all of the cells on that sheet. When I pull in the percentage from within the sheet it displays as a decimal. I tried updating the cell type to percentage and it does not change.

Is there something I need to update in the formula to do that?

=IFERROR(INDEX(COLLECT([% Complete]:[% Complete], Summary:Summary, 0, [Last Status]:[Last Status], 1), 1), "No Status Updates Recorded") + ""

Tags:

Answers

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you need to use this value elsewhere? The easiest would be to have this convert the value to a string instead. You could do it with the following adaptation to your formula:

• =IFERROR(INDEX(COLLECT([% Complete]:[% Complete], Summary:Summary, 0, [Last Status]:[Last Status], 1), 1)*100+"%", "No Status Updates Recorded")

I hope this helps!

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is that + "" section actually in the cell/formula?

This is what will stop it displaying as a percentage.

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭

@Zachary Hall

That worked perfectly! I appreciate your help.

@Nick Korna

It was not, but the response before yours helped me edit that formula to include that percentage and it worked. I'm not entirely sure I would understand how to make that edit myself in the future though. As in, what is that actually telling me in a breakdown?

• Zachary Hall
    Zachary Hall ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Technically both the +"" and what it outputs if there is an error were turning a cell with a number value into a string. When you change the cell to a string it loses the percentage formatting. The easiest in this case was just to commit to calculate the percentage add the percent punctuation as part of the string conversion.

Best,

Zach Hall

Training Delivery Manager / Charter Communications