Help with using a check-in/check-out system with Chromebooks for students

We are using Smartsheets to track repairs to student's Chromebooks in our building. The Chromebooks are tested (by students) using a Google form to log answers which then puts them into a Smartsheet to be queued for repair. Once the Chromebook has been repaired, we change the status, and it moves to the "Ready to Hand Out" sheet. I have another sheet where I can upload what Chromebooks are checked out to a Student. With automation and formulas, I have all of this running smoothly, but the issue is when a Chromebook that has already been repaired comes back for another repair. Because it's already been "Checked-out", It will not show back up in the ready-to-hand-out sheet. Apologies if this is confusing, you can see where the 71885104 asset tag was repaired again on 1/11/24 but is not showing back on the ready sheet, but on the checked-out sheet.

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @clasante -- I think the problem is you are trying to use the asset tag as a unique ID reference when it is in fact not a unique ID, because it may appear on the sheet more than once. Do you need to create a unique ID to track the job, instead? You could use a Row ID, which will create a unique value every time a new checkin is made.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!