RFP Management template set

I'm using this template set as the starting point for our RFP Management process. The Setup Guide does not explain how the RFP Project Plan Sheet functions, and I'm having trouble understanding how it works. Has anyone used this or able to provide any insight? Thanks! Barbara

Best Answer

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    edited 01/19/24 Answer ✓

@BarbaraHanville

The first four rows are pulling info from your RFP Tracker based on the project name in the RFPTasks5 cell, so you'll want to enter your project name as listed on the RFP Tracker in that cell first.

Then it appears you can add/delete/edit task rows as needed.

If you want to keep the full functionality as-is, leave the Final Response and Submission Date rows in place. There is a formula on the Submission Date rows that displays "ALERT" in the RISK column if the Final Response Finish Date is after the RFP due date as listed on the RFP Tracker sheet.

I hope that helps!

If you run into other errors, feel free to post screenshots and I can help troubleshoot.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    edited 01/18/24

Hi @BarbaraHanville

I haven't used the template myself, but I took a look at it to get a basic idea of how it works.

The RFP tracker sheet is your master sheet. This is where you'll enter information for your RFP projects.

Then when you create a new RFP Project Plan for each project, you will enter the RFP Project as listed in your RFP tracker. That will serve as a reference for other data on this sheet, much of which comes from the RFP Tracker sheet.

The source for the dashboard data is the RFP Tracker sheet. There are some intermediary reports and metric sheets, but the original source is that RFP Tracker sheet.

To get started, enter some RFP Project info in the RFP Tracker sheet, create some RFP Project Plans for them, and explore it from there.

• Hi Julie - Thank you for the suggestions. I have been working in the RFP tracker sheet, but when I start entering info in the RFP Project plan I start getting errors. I've looked at the formulas that are in the RFP Project Plan sheet and can't quite make out what it is expecting me to enter. Please let me know if you have any insight on the Project Plan sheet formulas.

• Julie Fortney
    edited 01/19/24 Answer ✓

@BarbaraHanville

The first four rows are pulling info from your RFP Tracker based on the project name in the RFPTasks5 cell, so you'll want to enter your project name as listed on the RFP Tracker in that cell first.

Then it appears you can add/delete/edit task rows as needed.

If you want to keep the full functionality as-is, leave the Final Response and Submission Date rows in place. There is a formula on the Submission Date rows that displays "ALERT" in the RISK column if the Final Response Finish Date is after the RFP due date as listed on the RFP Tracker sheet.

I hope that helps!

If you run into other errors, feel free to post screenshots and I can help troubleshoot.