Sheet Summary feeds "Assigned To" column

Options

We are using Sheet Summary to assign a PM and I'm wondering if I can get that dropdown to assign the "Assigned To" column. Currently it is a Contact List column and using the =[ is not working...any suggestions? We have multiple PMs and it would be helpful to assign once in the sheet summary and it update each row with the PM.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using this syntax?

=[Field name]#

If so, what happens when it is "not working"? Is there an error message, blank, the wrong thing,...?

• kcowles
    kcowles ✭✭
    Options

Any formula/syntax I have used returns a blank cell. No error message. It is as if because the column is set to contact list it doesn't read the formula.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you confirm the following is true:

1. You set up your sheet summary field as a Contact List like this:

2. You enter a name in the sheet summary using the drop down.

3. You have a column in your sheet, set as a Contact List like this:

4. You enter this formula in the column, replacing the part in bold with the name you used in step 1.

=[Assigned To Summary]#

5. The cell is then blank, it does not show the name you entered in step 2.

• kcowles
    kcowles ✭✭
    Options

Correct - when I enter the =[Assigned To Summary]# it returns blank and when I click back in the cell it doesn't even have the syntax in there.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cannot replicate what you are seeing. Can you try from the beginning, add a new sheet summary field and a new column, as in the steps above, and see if the same thing happens?

• kcowles
    kcowles ✭✭
    Options

That worked! I had tried a few different new fields, but the combination of all new allowed it to work. Thanks for your help :)

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options