Can I gain access to a Smartsheet that was created by an employee after they left the company?

Options

Can I gain access to a Smartsheet that was created by an employee after they left the company?

Best Answer

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If they were a licensed user in your account, you can transfer owned items via the admin center. It would definitely be best practice to do this with all your licensed and unlicensed users that leave the company. Unlicensed users wouldn't have created anything, but you can still "deactivate" them so they wouldn't be able to login to Smartsheet to view anything they shouldn't have access to.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

Answers

• Deanna L
    Deanna L ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I should say was created by an employee while they were an employee, but they have now left the company.

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If they were a licensed user in your account, you can transfer owned items via the admin center. It would definitely be best practice to do this with all your licensed and unlicensed users that leave the company. Unlicensed users wouldn't have created anything, but you can still "deactivate" them so they wouldn't be able to login to Smartsheet to view anything they shouldn't have access to.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Deanna L
    Deanna L ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you! I didn't realize this feature existed.