Need assistance with formula

Options

I have this formula on a column =IF(Status@row = "Complete", "100%", ="In Progress", " %"), I want the user to be able to add in a number when the status@row is "in Progress". How can I write the formula to be able to allow the user to type in a progress level.

"In progress" may be 75% or 50%

Best Answer

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @TinaM , you'll need a text/number column to store the user's reported progress level--something like Reported Progress Level. Your formula will be:

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "100%", [Reported Progress Level]@row + "%")

This assumes that the status is either "Complete" or "In Progress".

If there are other possible statuses (e.g., "Pending Assignment", "Parking Lot", etc), then the formula will need specify when status = "In Progress":

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "100%", IF(Status@row = "In Progress", [Reported Progress Level]@row + "%", ""))

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @TinaM , you'll need a text/number column to store the user's reported progress level--something like Reported Progress Level. Your formula will be:

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "100%", [Reported Progress Level]@row + "%")

This assumes that the status is either "Complete" or "In Progress".

If there are other possible statuses (e.g., "Pending Assignment", "Parking Lot", etc), then the formula will need specify when status = "In Progress":

=IF(Status@row = "Complete", "100%", IF(Status@row = "In Progress", [Reported Progress Level]@row + "%", ""))

• TinaM
    TinaM ✭✭
    Options

Thank you - This will work. I appreciate the assistance!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!