PM trying to see overdue tasks across all projects ONLY for projects I am a PM of

Hi all,

I am a project manager and there are 5 project managers in my organization. I want to be able to pull a portfolio level report to show all the overdue tasks that I am a project manager of. I have control centre and I also bring in PM as a profile data into my project plan. What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jerry123

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend creating a report that references all the projects created (it could be added to the Dynamic Report Scope in the Control Center) and adding the current user filter. Then, it will only show the project that matches the viewer.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• jerry123
    jerry123 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå Thank you!

But how would I address tasks? - I won't be assigned to any since I am the project manager but I still want to see status of tasks for projects I'm a project manager of.

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jerry123 The way I do this is put a hidden helper contact column on the project plan. Then I create in that column a column formula that is an =index(match()) to the metadata/metric sheet. Make that formula bring in your name from the meta data. That helper column would be called "Project Manager", hide that column. Then on the dynamic report you bring in all tasks either filtered and or grouped by project manager.

I do this all the time… almost every SCC build. You can do most of this from global updates but not the cross sheet references. Those have to be manual.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com