As system admins, shouldn't we be able to see all workspaces and sheets?

This was brought to my attention recently as someone with a new license had created sheets and they were not able to be seen by her manager when she wanted to share them with him. I am not sure if she gave him access in Smartsheet first. The manager then asked me if I could see it as a system admin and I could not. Even our primary system admin could not see it.

This led to another observation, that the main system admins are no longer automatically cascaded down through all sheets (not sure if that is a true statement - my IT managers told me that) so we, IT, can provide assistance to the users when they are having problems. Is it possible to add system admins automatically to all created sheets and workspaces since we are IT personnel and we will be the ones they contact when they need help?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The short version is that no one person will be able to access everything created on the corporate account unless that person is shared to everything. System Admins can pull a report that lists everything out, but even then it is limited to just the names of items unless they are specifically shared to each item.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers