Attendance reports

I am trying to create a sheet for attendance reports. We take daily attendance of our students, but it is done on a form which is part of a bigger report. I would like to provide the front office with a monthly report of just the students that were absent and which days. How would I do this? Hyperlink? Condition?

Please help.

Best Answer

• SmartsheetGoddess
    edited 5:21PM Answer ✓

You could set up automation with filters. I'd start with the "notify someone on a specific date" template.

1. Set your trigger (you would want "when a date is reached")
    2. Instead of "run once," choose "custom" and set it accordingly
    3. Choose time of day to trigger email
    4. Select a condition - your first might be when the "teacher name" is yours
    5. Add the other needed conditions. For example, you would want only those who were absent and only in the last 30 days, etc.

Then..

6. Select who should receive this email. You can select as many as you want.

7. Click "Customize message" and then

8. Plug in your subject and message.

9. Change to "Links to sheet and specific fields" then select the columns (absent, name, date, etc.) you want the office to see in the email.

Save it and you should be all set!

Answers

• SmartsheetGoddess
    edited 5:21PM Answer ✓

You could set up automation with filters. I'd start with the "notify someone on a specific date" template.

1. Set your trigger (you would want "when a date is reached")
    2. Instead of "run once," choose "custom" and set it accordingly
    3. Choose time of day to trigger email
    4. Select a condition - your first might be when the "teacher name" is yours
    5. Add the other needed conditions. For example, you would want only those who were absent and only in the last 30 days, etc.

Then..

6. Select who should receive this email. You can select as many as you want.

7. Click "Customize message" and then

8. Plug in your subject and message.

9. Change to "Links to sheet and specific fields" then select the columns (absent, name, date, etc.) you want the office to see in the email.

Save it and you should be all set!